Monday, January 26, 2009

COM 390: Conventional Wisdom and Purposes of Advertising

This made me think of one of my all time favorite advertising campaigns, borrowed from http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/bikini-clad-veggies-magimix-big-is-in-campaign.

Produced (no pun intended) by the Gray Ad Agency in Tel-Aviv, Israel, this campaign for a monster food processor illustrates a lot of the points for class discussion.






These ads are simple, punchy and humorous. They are accompanied by the catchy slogan “Big is in”. And since it’s all about selling a professional quality food processor for home use, it’s appropriate that veggies are modeling for it. I especially like that the ads make their point without being ridiculously expensive and difficult to create and disperse.
I'm sure there is potential to tie this in with "images of men and women in advertising," too, but I have no idea where to start. :o)

1 comment:

Pete said...

I'm glad you didn't intend that pun ... it might not have been productive.